Sensory Processing & Behavior Virtual Workshop
In this workshop we will present a variety of strategies to address issues so that it can help to solve learning, sensory and behavior concerns. We will cover a wide spectrum of insights and some basic facts such as:
- Definition of Sensory Processing: referring to the way the nervous system receives messages from the senses and turns them into responses.
- Definition of Behavior: the way in which one acts or conducts oneself
- Sensory issues and behavior issues are often confused
- A behavior is an action, if it is challenging, it should not be excused, even if it is caused from sensory responses
- If a negative behavior is excused or ignored because it is sensory based can lead to more frequent and severe behaviors
- Persistent behaviors will interfere with family life, school interactions, and acceptance from others
- Behaviors will deprive children from important learning opportunities and life experiences
- Best progress can be made when sensory and behavior is considered together
We hear of more and more school-aged children having learning, sensory and behavior problems. Teachers around the country are learning to add structured sensory input as an instructional technique in order to help counter the problem….. and it can be FUN! We have therapists in school systems helping children every day and our hope is that this workshop gives you new insight and tools you can use.
Sensory Processing & Behavior Workshop on Zoom.
When: Feb 28, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.