Pediatric Occupational Therapist for Evenings and PRN
Oakland county, MI, USA
We’re changing lives. We’re Growing. We’re Hiring. We Need you!
Kids in Motion Pediatric Therapy offers services in Highland, Commerce, and Clarkston areas in Oakland county Michigan. Therapists work in the clinic, schools, and home. We have full, part time, and contract positions available.
Currently we are seeking an Occupational Therapist to work evenings and as needed. Also looking to fill an office position in our Commerce location.
- Master Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program or equivalent that was grandfathered in
- Current License to practice as an Occupational therapist in the State of Michigan
- Previous experience with pediatric population
- Interpersonal skill to interact positively with staff, patients and parents
- Physical stamina required to lift and reposition patients; stand and work continuously
- Competency in computer skills required
- Evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular, sensory, perceptual motor, fine motor, feeding, eating, ADL, visual motor, ocular motor ect;
- Implements plan of care which includes modalities such as talk tools, therapeutic listening, IM, feeding, sensory, muscle reeducation, splinting and serial casting
- Documentation of findings of evaluations, patient treatments(daily notes) progress notes and discharge notes in accordance to guidance line protocols
- Co-signs notes written by Occupational therapy assistants, aides and/or students
- Oversees, instructs and evaluates Occupational therapy assistants, aids, students and/or volunteers as assigned.
- Develops home care programs for patients and provides instructions to families during evaluation, at treatment session and upon discharge
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings
- Attend yearly open house for patients
- Consults regularly and meets when assigned with other multidisciplinary team members
- Responsible or maintenance of equipment and supplies of assigned treatment areas
- Recommend the purchase of supplies as necessary
- Maintains professional expertise through workshop, lectures, conferences, open houses, staff meetings in order to maintain and excel with current treatment techniques
- Assists/leads in the implementation of present and new services, groups, and programs to foster an interdisciplinary approach and an exceptional system of care
- Promotes the ethics and values of Kids in Motion demonstrating behaviors which show a commitment to patient care, innovation, quality, respect, teamwork and communication
- Follows and abides to current and future policies and procedures