FREE COMMUNITY WORKSHOP TOE WALKING, TOES IN/OUT, AND FLAT FEET
- Anatomy review
- Understand common causes of toe walking (4)
- Recognize the body’s compensations for toe walking
- Understand the Physical Therapist’s role
- Understand the importance of getting any toe walking checked out
- Take this education and be pro-active with toe walking concerns
In a study: 13 children with persistent toe-walking, 10 of the 13 had speech or language deficits, 4 had fine motor, and 3 had gross motor delays. It can be a red flag, especially in a toddler over two years of age!
The body will compensate in it’s balance with a forward posture because the center of gravity is different. See your pediatrician or specialists: Physiatrist (PM&R), Pediatric orthopedic surgeon, Podiatrist so they can prescribe pediatric physical therapy.
JOIN US AT OUR CLARKSTON CLINIC!